This episode of The Blaze Connected Construction Podcast Series by Blaze Inc. features an interview with Engr. Alonge Olusola, a Civil Infrastructure Engineer, BIM Expert, a Civil 3D and Autodesk Infraworks Trainer, and a Drone Pilot.
- He started by explaining what exactly Drone Technology is and the various types of Drone Technology - in contrast to other similar trends in the built sector. Such as Photogrammetry, Laser Scanning, Scan-to-BIM, etc.
- After that, he elaborated on the common applications of Drone Technology in the built sector, spanning the life cycle of a built asset - through Pre-design, Planning, and Design, Delivery, and Maintenance.
- He also explained how Drone Technology complements BIM and GIS technologies, from an Infrastructure viewpoint.
- After that, he deep-dived into the Untapped Opportunities of Drone Technology in the African built sector. What makes the technology a great fit for the African built sector.
- From his rich experience in the industry, he highlighted the common challenges of Drone Technology in the African built sector, using himself and Nigeria as a case study.
Here is the full video conversation with interactive Q&A: https://www.blazemy.com/pages/blog?p=drone-technology-in-construction
Host: Onyema Udeze
Send in a voice message: https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/blaze-podcast/message
Support this podcast: https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/blaze-podcast/support