According to NBS, BIM is a process for creating and managing information on a construction project throughout its life cycle. As part of this process, a coordinated digital description of every aspect of the built asset is developed, using a set of appropriate technology. This digital description likely includes a combination of information-rich 3D models and associated structured data such as product, execution and handover information.
A lot of firms in the Architecture, Engineering, and Construction sector approach BIM implementation as a necessity.
- A necessity to abide by government policies, if there are policies in place.
- A necessity to look good to clients and win new projects.
- A necessity to look good to the other stakeholders in the industry, etc.
- But how about the necessity to "remove tobacco products from their stores" for good, as is the case with leading firms in sister industries?
- How expensive is BIM?
- What is the Price of not embracing BIM by a firm?
- What is the Opportunity Cost of BIM?
These are some of the issues explored in this episode of The Blaze Connected Construction Podcast Series by Blaze Inc.
Here is the full video conversation: https://www.blazemy.com/pages/blog?p=how-expensive-is-bim
Host: Onyema Udeze--- Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/blaze-podcast/message Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/blaze-podcast/support