This is an introductory episode that sets the tone for the upcoming episodes of The Blaze Podcast by Blaze Inc.
- It explored Sub-Saharan Africa's Housing Sector from a value chain perspective, drawing references from a World Bank 2015 Study titled “Stocktaking of the Housing Sector in Sub-Saharan Africa; Challenges and Opportunities”.
- From the supply side of the value chain, the identified challenges are Land Problems, Insufficient Infrastructure, and a Dysfunctional Construction Sector.
- From the demand side, the identified challenges are Poor Access to Finance and Non-securitized Remittances.
- The podcast ended by exploring the untapped opportunities lying within the sector and offering recommendations from there.
Two recommendations were offered.
- The first is a bottom-up approach that focused on how to involve the informal sector which currently provides up to 90% of the housing solutions in the region.
- A second recommendation is a top-down approach, which focused on how to assist the formal sector to go further down the market and reduce informality in the process.
Here is the written version of the podcast: https://www.blazemy.com/pages/blog?p=africa-housing
To learn more about the host, visit https://onyema.me
Send in a voice message: https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/blaze-podcast/message
Support this podcast: https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/blaze-podcast/support