This episode of The Blaze Connected Construction Podcast Series by Blaze Inc. features an interview with Victoria Ikede, who was a BIM and Assistant Quality Manager at ATO Architects. She's also a Product, Web, and Process Designer. She was also a postgraduate teaching assistant at the University of Sheffield School of Architecture, UK. Currently, she is an Erasmus Scholar at BIM A+.
- We started by addressing the reason for the topic: "So You Can Render, Now What?"
- After that, Victoria gave us some insights into what drew her to technology.
- She also gave some insights on why so many young professionals are fascinated by using software and learning to render?
- Working as a BIM Manager in a considerably large Architecture firm, she gave some insights on the place of software proficiency in the workplace?
- We also discussed some other aspects of the Architecture profession that younger professionals should learn to pay more attention to as they navigate their growth in the industry.
- Victoria also shed some light on the long-term impacts and dangers of young professionals being too software-focused.
- She also explained how she manages her visualisation tasks, being one of those tasks every Architect faces from time to time.
- Before we rounded up, we played a fun game: deciding which of these trends are either overrated or underrated and why:
- Hand sketching
- Knowledge of Construction
- Smart Buildings
- 3D Printing
Here is the full video conversation with interactive Q&A: https://www.blazemy.com/pages/blog?p=so-you-can-render-now-what
Host: Onyema Udeze
Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/blaze-podcast/message
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/blaze-podcast/support