In this episode, sexual trauma survivor and healer Michelle Roberton and I...
- talk about dissociation as a protective mechanism for surviving abuse
- discuss how Michelle's process of embodiment resurrected buried memories and flashbacks of her sexual trauma and how she worked through that
- discuss how talk therapy re-traumatized Michelle and how felt sense and somatic work helped her heal and reclaim her sovereignty
- share several ways that our sex is traumatized beyond physical sexual abuse, including menopause, childbirth, and religion
- explore the reclamation of creativity, expression, play, fun, pleasure, and more when we heal our sex
- share the ways nonphysical sexual trauma shows up in men
- discuss the overall detrimental effects of porn on our sex
- explore how sex begins outside the bedroom and what that looks like
- discuss the role of acceptance and forgiveness in healing sexual trauma
- share how Michelle deals with triggers and her daily practice of talking to herself
- share how Michelle playfully and creatively changed her language to create a reality in which she was whole and not broken
- talk about patterns of self-sabotage and noticing the feelings in our bodies while offering nurturing and nourishment to our whole selves
Work with Michelle
Belief Beyond the Binary self-paced course
No Bad Parts by Richard Schwartz, Ph.D.