I am so excited to share this conversation with you where I sit with Michaela Boehm for two consecutive episodes in which we are releasing an intimacy series this month. In this episode, we dive deeply into allowing in sensuality by creating internal safety within ourselves. Michaela is an expert in her field as an embodiment and intimacy coach and therapist. She is the founder of the Non-Linear Movement Method® and has been featured on some well-known platforms such as Red Table Talk with Jada Pinkett and on Netflix series ‘Unwell’.
We talk about the difference between sensuality and sexuality and how according to Michaela, sensuality means complete engagement with life through all our senses. This intimate relationship that we have with life internally then allows us to be more alive in our external world.
Michaela explains how through the activation of the multiple layers of positive engagement through all our senses in our daily life experiences, our body fully opens and how that sensual openness is the prerequisite and amplifier for sexual pleasure.
We speak about how sensuality and embodiment are intricately connected because in embodiment we are listening to the messages of our five senses that our internal landscape sends us. And so, when we engage with our senses, life is so much more pleasurable.
We go into how the practice of embodiment exercises and how connecting, working with and caring for the body in natural ways enables the body to release stress and the nervous system gets regulated with the release of old emotions and stories that got stuck in the memory of the body.
· How creating a landscape of internal safety allows us to be more alive and engaged with life.
· The importance of creating internal safety to develop trust within ourselves.
· The ability to trust in our internal self opens up so much more possibility to make the choices to create an externally safe environment for ourselves if we have those choices.
· We delve into how if we want to feel safe in receiving all the good that life has to offer, we also need to learn how to be with our own pain so that when the goodness comes we can allow it in because numbing out pain will also numb out pleasure.
· We go profoundly into the positive benefits on the nervous system of having our environment set up in a way that our body is relaxed on an ongoing basis, which makes a huge difference relationally as well as sexually, sensually and in our personal development.
Thank you so much for listening to this episode. I would love to hear of any aha moments you had after listening to this. I would truly appreciate if you would leave a review on my social media pages, website or iTunes so that we can share these messages of wholeness and healing with the world.
Pre-Sales of my book SURRENDER
Have you heard about my exciting news? I would like to invite you to check out my book SURRENDER which is currently available for pre-order. This book will walk you through a life changing process of maturation. Of breaking free of the vicious cycle of repeated stuck patterns, stories and belief systems, trauma and ancestral wounds.
A book where I guide you through a deep healing journey of SURRENDERING of who you are NOT so that you can unfurl into who you were BORN TO BE.
You can pre-order my book here: https://nickyclinch.com/book/
Connect with Nicky