If you enjoyed this episode and you want to support our work, you can buy us a Ko-Fi here.
To round off 2020, here’s a solo episode from Ruth and Alice looking at the six biggest myths surrounding ethical fashion.
Here are the misconceptions we cover:
- Ethical fashion is really expensive
- Ethical fashion isn’t stylish
- Made in the UK guarantees clothes are ethical
- We need to buy fast fashion to provide jobs
- Capsule sustainable collections are a good thing
- Natural fibres are the solution to fashion’s problems
We refer to a few articles and resources in this episode, so here’s where you can read them:
Have a lovely festive period, everyone! We’ll be back with new content mid-January 2021.
For more updates on the ethical fashion conversation, follow Common Threads on Instagram, like us on Facebook, and join the conversation on Twitter.
You’ll find Ruth on Instagram: @ruthmacgilp_ and Twitter @ruthmacgilp
You’ll find Alice on Instagram: @styledbyalicex and Twitter: @styledbyalice
Common Threads artwork was created by Hannah Mitson of Mitson Design.