Al-Furqan (Arabic: الفرقان, ’al-furqān; meaning: The Criterion) is the 25th chapter of the Qur'an with 77 verses. The name Al-Furqan, or "The Criterion" refers to the Qur'an itself as the decisive factor between good and evil.
The chapter emphasizes (25:68–70) that there is no sin, however great, that cannot be forgiven if sincerely repented, showing faith and working with righteous deeds.
The al-Furqan includes the Torah, given that "We sent Moses The Book, and appointed his brother Aaron with him as minister" (Sura 25, verse 35).
The Surah manages the questions and doubts that were being raised against the Quran, the Prophethood of Muhammad, and his lessons by the disbelievers of Mecca. Suitable responses to every single objection are revealed in the surah and the individuals have been cautioned of the results of dismissing the Truth. The significant issues, divine laws, and directly follows the following order in the surah:-
* The Quran is the rule, the criterion i.e. Al-Furqan to distinguish between the right and the wrong.
* Transgressors are the individuals who dismiss Reality, distrust the Rasool, and preclude the Day of Judgment and hereafter.
* Upon the arrival of Judgment Day, those False-deities worshiped by the mushriks will declare no divinity and consider the mushrikis answerable for their shirk, on the Judgement Day.
* The disbelievers will lament not opting the Righteous Path upon the arrival of Judgment Day.
* Sequential, gradual, and bit-by-bit disclosure of the Quran is a pearl of wisdom.
* 11-16 Unbelievers doomed to hell-fire
* 16-17 The reward of the pious in Paradise
* 18-21 Even the false gods will desert their worshippers in the judgment-day
Here is the criterion for distinguishing the genuine from the counterfeit. This is the noble character of those people who have believed in and followed the teachings of the Holy Prophet and this is the kind of people that he is trying to train. You may yourselves compare and contrast this type of people with those Arabs, who have not as yet accepted the Message, and who are upholding "ignorance" and exerting their utmost to defeat the Truth. Now you may judge for yourselves as to which you would like to choose.