E26 - It starts with Curiosity w/LBB's Suchita Salwan
In this Episode, I speak with Suchita Salwan, the Co-Founder & CEO of Little Black Book (LBB).
LBB is India's largest platform to discover and shop independent brands and retailers. 16Mn+ Users, with 100,000 Businesses listed on their web and app platform! From the best of bags to the best of shoes to the best of Biyani, you name it and LBB will help you find it. With the quirky and amazing notifications, LBB Is one app that should definitely always be on your phone!
Suchita is this insanely cool and amazing person, who always strives to learn, deeply cares and is building something phenomenal. A graduate of Economics from Hindu University, she completed her education in 2011 and went on to work for 2 years before starting to work full time on LBB. She is super cool, super humble and wonderful all in all. She hosts a wonderful podcast called the LBB openhouse series, and you should definitely tune in for some amazing insights. Her twitter and Instagram are phenomenal too, and basically, if you do not follow what she’s upto, you are missing out.
Through this Episode we discuss the following:
1. (3:21) : The Importance of Passion Projects for today's Youth
2. (6:49) : The Founding Story of LBB
3. (11:08) : Overview of the Ecosystem through Suchita's Lens
4. (15:12) : Understanding Revenue Models and how LBB encountered it
5. (23:58) : Developing Competitive Moats for LBB
6. (29:55) : Community Building Decoded (especially on both Sides of the Marketplace)
7. (35:59) : Expansion Strategy for LBB
8. (40:08) : The Importance of Storytelling (Suchita is absolutely great at it!)
9. (43:38) : How should you talk to users? (The consumer will not solve your problems!)
10. (47:04) : Fundraising Nuances you need to know
11. (51:01) : Suchita's Founder Persona
12. (55:25) : Optimising for Employee Success as a Founder
13. (59:36) : Taking Feedback as a Founder
14. (63:31) : We need more Women Founders in the Ecosystem!!
15. (67:24) : You are a Function of the Five people you surround yourself with - Parting thoughts & lessons from Suchita's Journey!
16. (71:50) : The Conclusion.
Introducing 2 New Experiments:
1. NPS Calculator & Feedback Form: http://bit.ly/NPS_and_Feedback_ISV_Calculator
2. Feedback Conversations: https://calendly.com/jivrajsinghsachar/podcast-conversations
Do take out time for the above, I look forward to it!
Cheers, and let's dive in to the 26th Episode.
Other Relevant Links:
1. Suchita on Social Media: Twitter - https://twitter.com/suchitasalwan?s=09 LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/in/suchitasalwan
2. Jivraj on Social Media: Twitter - Https://twitter.com/jivraj_sachar?s=09 LinkedIn - Https://www.linkedin.com/in/jivrajsinghsachar
3. LBB - Website: www.lbb.in App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=littleblackbook.com.littleblackbook.lbbdapp.lbb