Are you approaching hiring correctly? Is a focus on resumes over practical skills costing you in this hot market for talent? And why is it so hard for us to let go of our existing approaches to hiring?
We discuss all this - and more - with Krishnan Nair, CEO and Co-founder of GeekTrust. a job platform designed for software developers. Over the last six years, GeekTrust has placed more than 500 developers. Prior to starting GeekTrust, Krishnan worked as a Delivery Manager at ThoughtWorks for almost a decade.
Krishnan's LinkedIn profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/nairkrishnan/
Episode webpage: https://www.throughthecorporateglass.com/post/31-developer-hiring-going-beyond-the-resume
Mentioned in this episode:
1. GeekTrust - https://www.geektrust.in/
2. Funding received by Indian startups in H1 2021 - https://yourstory.com/2021/07/yourstory-h1-2021-funding-report-indian-startups/amp
3. Gartner Report on IT Services growth - https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/markets/expert-view/2021-a-golden-year-for-it-services-companies-gartner/articleshow/83635069.cms
4. An article about attrition - https://analyticsindiamag.com/attrition-rate-in-indian-it-industry-is-at-an-all-time-high-why/
5. GeekTrust coding problem - https://www.geektrust.in/coding-problem/backend/mymoney