Going from being an engineer to a manager can be a big change in your career journey. How do you know you’re up for the challenge? How can you best prepare for the transition to management? Deepthi Kulkarni gives her candid take on these topics and more.
Deepthi is a Director of Technology at Afterpay, a payments platform that enables financial wellness for Gen Z and millennial shoppers. Before that she spent five years leading various teams at Redbubble, an online marketplace. She worked as an engineer at Flipkart during the company's high growth phase.
Deepthi's LinkedIn profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/deepthikulkarni/
Episode webpage: https://www.throughthecorporateglass.com/post/34-the-ins-and-outs-of-becoming-an-engineering-manager
Mentioned in this episode:
1. Afterpay - https://www.afterpay.com/
2. Redbubble - https://www.redbubble.com/
3. The First 90 Days, a book by Michael Watkins - https://www.amazon.in/First-90-Days-Watkins/dp/1422188612
4. Manager README - https://managerreadme.com/
5. SBI (Situation, Behaviour, Impact) - https://www.mindtools.com/pages/article/situation-behavior-impact-feedback.htm
6. RACI (Responsible, Accountable, Consulted, Informed) - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Responsibility_assignment_matrix