Oct 1, 2020
Is Data Science Hard? 4 Untold Truths about Learning Data Science
Did you flirt with the idea of learning data science? You are not alone. This has been a really hot topic in the last few years and it will be one in the upcoming few, for sure. Yet, very few people actually become data scientists.
Well, part of the problem is that many aspiring data scientists don’t know what to expect from this field. Or even worse, based on the many misleading (sometimes scammy) “how to become a data scientist” articles, they have false expectations. And when they hit the wall, they get demotivated and quit.
In this podcast episode, I want to show you four untold truths that you should know about learning data science – and I have never seen them written down anywhere else before.
Original article format here: https://data36.com/learning-data-science/
Youtube video here: https://youtu.be/44xhV7PJB7g
LINKS MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE:
* Data server tutorial: https://data36.com/data-coding-101-install-python-sql-r-bash/
* LinkedIn Workforce Report 2018: https://economicgraph.linkedin.com/resources/linkedin-workforce-report-august-2018
* Glassdoor.com -- best jobs in the US 2019: https://www.glassdoor.com/blog/best-jobs-in-america-2019/
* Glassdoor.com -- best jobs in the US 2018: https://www.glassdoor.com/blog/best-jobs-in-america-2018/
* Shift Happens 2018
* Data36 Newsletter: https://data36.com/newsletter
* Free mini-course: https://data36.com/how-to-become-a-data-scientist
Check my website: https://data36.com
Get access to more data science tutorials, join the inner circle: https://data36.com/inner-circle
Find me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/data36_com