Nov 28, 2020
How did you become a Data Scientist? with Zoltan Prekopcsak (VP of Data Science @Prezi)
In this episode, I had a guest on the podcast: Zoltan Prekopcsak (VP of Data Science and Analytics at Prezi, previously VP of Data Science at RapidMiner). I asked Zoltan to share his story focusing on one question: How did he get his first data science job -- or in other words: how did he become a data scientist?
It's a pretty interesting and exciting interview, where you can hear about the first steps of a now-senior data professional. Zoltan talks about his side projects, about the data science competition he enrolled in with his friends (back in 2007!), about his first internship and eventually his first junior data scientist position.
MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE:
* Zoltan's Linkedin Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/preko/
* RapidMiner: https://rapidminer.com/
* Prezi: https://prezi.com/
* Netflix Competition: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netflix_Prize
* Kaggle: https://kaggle.com/
* StackOverFlow: https://stackoverflow.com/
* Secret Sauce Partners: https://secretsaucepartners.com/
* Check my website: https://data36.com
* Get access to more data science tutorials, join the inner circle: https://data36.com/inner-circle
* Find me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/data36_com