Jun 16, 2021
#59 Why you need strategic design - with Jill Lin, Staff Product Designer @Bain & Company
Jill is a strategic and visionary ex-Experience Director with over 12 years of experience. She currently works for Bain & Company as one of their most senior Designers in EMEA.
Throughout her career, she has led and helped international companies and start-ups to innovate, to instill a human-centric design approach, and to grow. She designs interactions at the intersection of people, products, and environments, and brings out incremental and revolutionary changes for the people she designs for.
She's worked in London, New York, Abu Dhabi, and Taipei. Her clients include Sony, Tiffany & Co., Kellogg's, BP, BT, Jaguar Land Rover, HSBC, Macquarie, and more.
Table of content:
* 00:30 - Episode summary
* 03:00 - Intro Jill
* 05:00 - The definition of strategy
* 08:30 - Enabling innovation with strategy
* 10:20 - In-house agency vs. embedded teams
* 12:30 - Strategic design vs. service design
* 16:00 - Design & product strategy
* 19:30 - The biggest strategic challeng…