Mahesh Patil is the Co-Chief Investment Officer of Aditya Birla Sun Life AMC and one of the biggest names in the fund management space. He leads a team of twenty, comprising fund managers and analysts, managing around INR 88,590 crores in equity assets.
In this conversation with Karthik Rangappa, Mahesh talks about:
1. Overall macros of India and the factors that will influence growth
2. Earnings growth and corporate profits
3. The divergence between Nifty and Nifty small and mid-cap indices
4. The issue of pledged promoter holdings in mutual funds
5. Navigating quality and junk stocks
6. Passive investing and ETFs