These are unnerving times for investors with the markets being volatile. Long term investors should ideally embrace volatility, but we are seeing investors stop their investments. Volatile markets tend to induce investors to most often than not, make all the wrong choices. When markets undergo a period of under-performance, investors tend to stop their SIPs or worse yet redeem their investments.
This during a time when they should do the exact opposite. As an Investor, you should embrace volatility because you get to average your investment at various price points.
In this illuminating webinar, Kalpen Parekh (President, DSP Investment Managers) talks about:
1. The do's and don'ts of investing.
2. The recent under-performance of mid and small cap indices vs the Nifty 50 large-cap index.
3. How should you approach investments in mid and small-cap funds?
4. How Indian markets have performed over various market cycles and the parallels with the performance of the past 1-year.
5. How to think about debt allocation in your portfolio and some historical context on the performance.
The presentation used in the webinar: http://bit.ly/2J6F4r6
Here's the previous webinar on introduction to debt mutual funds by Kalpen: https://youtu.be/5AxNrSQrMg4