Have you ever heard of an accountant who gets his clients from the gym? Our guest today, Reuben Bergola from New Wave Business Solutions surely has unique ways in scaling up his business. In this episode, he shares his journey, vision and tips on how he managed to start young and organically grow to a multi-million dollar accounting firm in a short span of time.
Join us as Reuben shares the how to’s in structuring your accounting firm, from recruitment to marketing and many more things:
- How he has managed to organically grow his accounting firm from $0 to $3.6m TO & 30 staff in 5 years.
- Starting his bookkeeping business while he was still a manager at a firm with 50 staff
- The reason he switched from Quickbooks to Xero
- What makes his firm different from traditional accounting firms and how he effectively deals with service price increases and client attrition
- Starting out alone to partnership constant reinvesting to scale up the business
- How digital marketing enabled the business to really take off
- What it's like working with your wife
- The importance of creating a niche for your firm and the ecommerce space
- What work culture really means, how to recruit people and where to look
- His experience with outsourcing and the issues with work from home employees
- Leadership and how to grow as a person
“Work culture is a collaborative environment that people are happy to be in”