In this episode, we speak with Baidy Laffan, a leader who despite her young age, has been able to achieve so much by following the unconventional path to success.
Sit back and listen to this episode with the amazing Baidy Laffan of Yellow Canary as she shares:
- Advice for young accountants trying to decide which path to follow in their career
- What it takes to be a Partner - balancing the 3 hats of producer, manager and leader.
- Leadership vs management - and developing those skills
- Importance of mentorship for career progression and personal growth
- Biggest challenges and insights in the journey to audit partnership
"Don't ask, Don't get!”
Baidy Laffan is not just an accountant but a leader who is incredibly passionate about her work, and about getting more women into tech and senior roles. Her spirited goal to bring radical change in the industry by offering new solutions and her big picture thinking is what brought her success. Her goal - to achieve the impossible through creative problem solving!
Some quick facts:
- Former Audit Partner at PKF, one of the top firms in Australia, and a member of Scale investors - the first and only network of Angels investing in exceptional female founders.
- Head of Customer & Growth at at an exciting tech business - Yellow Canary
- Speaker and Coach at Startmate
You can find out more about Baidy Laffan and his firm Practice Paradox from their website: https://www.yellowcanary.com.au/
To find out more about RecruitmentExpert please go to www.recruitmentexpert.com.au or email
Michael Edelstein: email@example.com