Welcome to another episode of The Coral Capital Podcast, a show about startups, technology, and venture capital with a focus on Japan and Asia broadly.
In this episode, we chat with Ernest M. Higa, Founder of Domino’s Japan, and essentially the godfather of pizza delivery in Japan.
In this episode we discuss:
- How and why Higa started Domino’s in Tokyo four decades ago.
- The assumptions people had about the Japan market.
- What was localized, and what was not.
- Online ordering in the early days of the internet.
- Future of food delivery and dining.
If you enjoy this episode, please make sure to follow us on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, or Google Podcasts.