Kayvon and Dai discuss the top of making mistakes. Tune in to find out how mistakes can serve as indicators that we’re trying, can be opportunities for learning, and how embracing our vulnerability as humans and parents is a strength.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:28 – Introduction to the podcast
- 01:32 – After recording half of this episode, Dai and Kayvon realize the laptop wasn’t recording!
- 01:44 – The theme of this episode is “Mistakes”
- 01:53 – “If you are not making mistakes, you are not trying”
- 02:17 – Mistakes are challenging
- 02:27 – Kayvon shares about certain changes in his life
- 03:02 – Learn from your mistakes
- 03:19 – Dai talks about Crossfit’s importance in our lives
- 04:04 – A personal commitment to making a change
- 05:02 – We should try to learn new things every day
- 05:22 – Kayvon’s motto, “Keep the flow going”
- 05:50 – A body at rest, stays at rest
- 06:46 – Kayvon and Dai competed in an athletic competition
07:20 – Dai shares their experience
08:03 – The sport of fitness
- 08:58 – Be OK with mistakes
- 11:05 – Everyone goes through moments of learning
- 11:41 – Be mindful of your mistakes
- 12:23 – Empower yourself
- 12:46 – “If you’re not on the right path, find another one”
- 12:54 – A pleasant part of learning from your mistakes is sharing it with other people
- 14:20 – The difference between being vulnerable and being weak
- 14:47 – It takes trust to be able to open up to others
- 15:39 – Learning from your kids
- 16:03 – Letting your kids know you are imperfect as a parent and as a human being
- 17:05 – Dai testifies to Kayvon’s parenting
- 18:36 – Please subscribe and leave us a review!
- 19:14 – Connect with Dai and Kayvon on Twitter
3 Key Points:
- Mistakes signify that you are TRYING, that is a very good thing.
- Mistakes are inevitable—accept them as they come and LEARN from them.
- There is strength in our vulnerability; we need to embrace our own vulnerability so that others feel free, to be honest and open as well.
Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/happinesssimplified/message