In Episode #7 Kayvon and Daidiscuss eating healthily in a busy life. Tune in to learn how to plan ahead and track your feelings after food. You’ll learn a handful of simple tricks to keep you fuller, healthier, and more energized each day.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
● 00:40– Introduction
● 01:15– How do you eat healthily in a busy life?
● 01:40– Dai thinks that everything starts with having a good relationship with the foods you eat
● 02:05– How do I feel after I’ve eaten something?
● 04:30– “Going from a food to feeling; rather than feeling to food”
● 05:40– Certain feelings drive you towards food
● 06:10– A lot of people have a dip in their energy levels in the afternoon - leading them towards sugary treats
● 07:04– Make a note of how you feel 30-60 minutes after you’ve eaten something
● 08:55– “If you struggle with snacking, just plan ahead”
● 09:25– Keep healthy things in your bag that will sustain you for a couple of hours
● 10:50– What did Dai’s nutrition look like today?
● 10:07– Every second morning, he drinks a bullet-proof coffee
● 13:10– This morning he had a smoothie; later on a salad with some salad; a muesli bar with water. Tonight is likely to be steak with salad
● 14:20– “If you eat until you feel full, it’s likely you’ve eaten too much”
● 14:50– Is there a book or method that people can start with?
● 15:15– The Zone Diet
● 16:20– “Just try it for two weeks. Measure your food, even if it’s onerous. It'll teach you how to eyeball it.”
● 18:40– Drink 2-3 liters of water and try to have one big salad every day
● 20:05– What are the ways you try to make your daily diet healthier? Tell us in the comment section
3 Key Points:
1. Start thinking about how foods make you feel once you’ve eaten them. Go from food to feeling, not from feeling to food.
2. Plan ahead; keep healthy snacks in your bag.
3. Check out the Zone Diet to get a feel for portioning and how much you should be eating of each food group.--- Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/happinesssimplified/message