Today we continue our discussion in part two about the relationship between our stuff and our personal identities with Dr. Sam Gosling.
- Sam Gosling is a Professor of Psychology at the University of Texas, Austin. He did his doctoral work at the University of California at Berkeley, where his dissertation focused on personality in spotted hyenas.
- His current research focuses on the psychology of physical space, how personality is expressed in everyday contexts in daily life, and in new methods for collecting data in the behavioral sciences.
- His approach is ecological, emphasizing the importance of studying individuals in the contexts of their natural habitats. He is an elected fellow of the Association for Psychological Science and Society for Personality and Social Psychology (or SPSP for short).
- Dr. Gosling is the recipient of the American Psychological Association's Distinguished Scientific Award for Early Career Contribution, the Carol and Ed Diener Award in Personality Psychology, and SPSP’s award for methodological innovation.
- His book, “Snoop: What your stuff says about you” which we’ll also discuss, is based on the idea that we deliberately and inadvertently express our personalities in the environments in which we live and work.
- Clarivate, which is global leader in providing trusted insights and analytics, have identified him as one of the most highly cited scientists in the world.
MUSIC: "Sun Shines Through the Leaves"
©2022 Britton Rice, Ben Santoriello