Feb 20, 2022
S4Ep2: Crina & Harry Meintassis About Antifragility
In this episode I have challenged Harry and he has challenged me in return to talk about antifragility. And we did talk about it and how important is to go towards antifragility especially in this period of pandemic.
Hope you enjoy the talk as much as we did, and below you have some of the things we touched upon in this episode!
What is antifragility
The ‘Fragile’ breaks under stress, or volatility; the ‘Antifragile’, grows, gets better from it.
Antifragility is how we use everything as fuel for your growth, as a source of living our full potential
How we fuel our fire by whatever gets in our way… How we turn adversity to advantage, use obstacles as opportunities to grow. We don’t just bounce back, we bounce forward!
Why antifragility is critical now
Everything changes– Fast. We live in the never normal.
- Covid changed how we think, feel and live.
- 2/3 of people anxious, stressed, experiencing burnout.
- Skills are becoming obsolete – Learning is the key. By 2040 60% of skills will be obsolete
- We all have a fundamental question to answer– do I just want to ‘survive’, or grow and thrive? Do I want to live my full potential?
The winners will find new ways to understand and embrace this new reality and become “antifragile.”
Antifragility = Learning Agility + Intentional Growth. A key mindset for leaders, teachers, parents and everyone to be able to live a full life and help others be at their best.
How do we build antifragility?
1. Re-frame how you look at challenges: Look at things differently. Life happens to us (reactive) VS life happens for us (opportunity). Mindfulness can help us move from ‘autopilot’ and ‘habitual reactions’ (usually negative) to choosing how we want to think and respond. The power of shifting our perception, seeing something from a completely different view.
2. Learned optimism. Even if 40% of our optimistic outlook is wired through our genes, optimism is a trainable skill. Real optimism is not just hoping for a better tomorrow, but taking personal responsibility, ownership, and working towards this future.
More on https://crilia.ro/crina-and-harry-meintassis-about-antifragile-mind-the-training-podcast-s04e02/