E27 - Building a Global SaaS Company w/CleverTap's Anand Jain
In this Episode, I speak with Anand Jain, Co-Founder and Chief Strategy Officer of CleverTap on Building a Global SaaS Company.
CleverTap is a customer life-cycle management and mobile marketing company, which combines the analytics, engagement and communication all in one, making life easier for brands who want to engage effectively with their consumers.
Anand Jain is an extremely amazing, kind, generous, and humble person, who has had multiple experiences under his belt including a previous startup called Burrp. A phenomenal Product Leader, Anand sheds light on multiple quintessential topics revolving around Building a Global SaaS Company.
We dwell over the following through the Episode!
1. (3:33) - What is it like to build a Global SaaS Company from India?
2. (5:22) - The Evolution of SaaS in in the Indian Ecosystem
3. (8:47) - Creating a new category with CleverTap
4. (14:47) - Decoding PRODUCT THINKING
5. (21:16) - The right of way talking to users and understanding user behaviour
6. (26:56) - Contemplating the duration of Stealth & Discussing "Ship Fast, Fail Fast"
7. (35:24) - Evangelism v/s Sales in SaaS
8. (39:50) - The TechCrunch Story!
9. (45:35) - Metrics in SaaS (MRR, Churn, Expansion Revenue)
10. (49:44) - Managing Communication & Culture across decentralised remote teams
11. (56:08) - Anand the "Storyteller & Go-getter"
12. (59:15) - How to get Lucky? || Creating Serendipity
13. (63:21) - Whom to take advice from and when?
14. (65:53) - Parting thoughts by the amazing Anand
15. (67:49) - Summary
Hope you enjoy the Episode as much as I did.
This Episode is brought to you in association with the Skeptic Investor, a weekly newsletter navigating Indian Startups and Emerging Tech, authored by Ashutosh and Mishaal. Check it out at : https://theskepticinvestor.substack.com/
Do not forget to drop in feedback via the form or via our WhatsApp Newsletter!