In this second episode of the Balaji Tharaneetharan series we discuss the recent direct to OTT release Oru Pakka Kathai. @gradwolf & @anantha are joined by special guests @equanimus & @milified to discuss:
- The fantastical nature of the topic and how it presents its social commentary
- What is the film trying to say about science, religion, and how both interact?
- What is the portrait it draws of the children in the film?
- Is the film pro-life? How do Balaji's films portray women?
- Female centric films in the male gaze
- Ranking the 3 films Balaji has made thus far
A huge thanks to our guests for joining us in this engaging discussion!