cc: growth journeys from emerging ecosystems to global markets.
Sergiu Negut is the co-founder of FintechOS, a globally focused technology provider for banks, insurers and financial institutions born out of Bucharest, Romania. With roots in consulting, Sergiu became an angel investor and then a co-founder, helping FintechOS emerge as a leading fintech player in Europe. They've recently raised $60m in April from several prominent funds in Europe, including Draper, Earlybird, OTB Ventures, GapMinder, and Launchub. Their clients include leading banks, financial institutions & insurance companies like Raiffeisen, Societe Generale, Erste and Orange.
What’s in this episode?
1) How Sergiu moved from consulting to angel investing to being a founder
2) FintechOS's roots & the story of the switch from Softelligence
3) The path from software services to democratizing customer-centric banking & insurance applications
4) Expanding to the US & managing a large & growing organization during Covid
5) Being an Eastern European entrepreneur & how the landscape is changing now