John Rekenthaler is Vice President of Research for Morningstar, the author of the Rekenthaler Report column, and a leading expert on the mutual fund industry. John has been with Morningstar almost since the beginning and has witnessed the evolution of the mutual fund and investing industries first hand. In this interview, we draw on John's extensive experience to cover a variety of topics related to the fund industry and investing in general.
- the key attributes to look at when analyzing funds
- the pros and cons of passive investing
- whether star fund managers are a thing of the past
- judging fund managers by the company they keep
- the dangers of using macro data to time the market
- his biggest lessons from Morningstar founder Joe Mansueto
We hope you enjoy the discussion.
ABOUT THE PODCAST
Excess Returns is an investing podcast hosted by Jack Forehand (@practicalquant) and Justin Carbonneau (@jjcarbonneau), partners at Validea. Justin and Jack discuss a wide range of investing topics including factor investing, value investing, momentum investing, multi-factor investing, trend following, market valuation and more with the goal of helping those who watch and listen become better long term investors.
SEE LATEST EPISODES
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT VALIDEA
FOLLOW OUR BLOG
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT VALIDEA CAPITAL