In this week's episode we are privileged to be joined by Jim O'Shaughnessy. Jim is a pioneer in quantitative investing and the founder of O'Shaughnessy Asset Management. He is also the author of the best selling book What Works on Wall Street, which is now on its 4th edition and is considered by many to be the definitive guide to factor-based investing.
In this discussion, we get Jim's takes on a wide range of topics both in and outside the investing world.
- the recent struggles of value investing and what it means for the future
- the process of updating an investment strategy over time while still adhering to your core principles
- the role that investor behavior should play in the construction of investment strategies
- the advice Jim would give to new parents based on his experience raising 3 children
- the long-term changes that the current COVID-19 crisis might have on the way people work in the investment industry
We hope you enjoy the discussion.
MORE INFO ON O'SHAUGHNESSY ASSET MANAGEMENT
FOLLOW JIM ON TWITTER
ABOUT THE PODCAST
Excess Returns is an investing podcast hosted by Jack Forehand (@practicalquant) and Justin Carbonneau (@jjcarbonneau), partners at Validea. Justin and Jack discuss a wide range of investing topics including factor investing, value investing, momentum investing, multi-factor investing, trend following, market valuation and more with the goal of helping those who watch and listen become better long term investors.
SEE LATEST EPISODES
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT VALIDEA
FOLLOW OUR BLOG
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT VALIDEA CAPITAL