Investing in today's world requires an ability to understand multiple disciplines. In addition to understanding markets and having the ability to put current events in a long-term context, it also requires an understanding of economics. And with governments playing an increasing role in markets, it requires an ability to understand public policy and interpret its impact. Nir Kaissar is unique in his ability to offer insights into each of these areas. He is the founder of Unison Advisors and a regular columnist for Bloomberg.
In this interview, we discuss each of these areas, and the unprecedented times all of us are currently living through.
- The COVID-19 crisis and the government response to it and what they mean for investors
- Why the struggles of value investing in the past decade aren't enough to tell you it is dead
- Whether bonds still make sense for investors with yields near all time lows
- The role of market valuation in analyzing future returns
- Whether passive investing is distorting the market
We hope you enjoy the discussion
NIR'S BLOOMBERG ARTICLES
FOLLOW NIR ON TWITTER
ABOUT THE PODCAST
Excess Returns is an investing podcast hosted by Jack Forehand (@practicalquant) and Justin Carbonneau (@jjcarbonneau), partners at Validea. Justin and Jack discuss a wide range of investing topics including factor investing, value investing, momentum investing, multi-factor investing, trend following, market valuation and more with the goal of helping those who watch and listen become better long term investors.
SEE LATEST EPISODES
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT VALIDEA
FOLLOW OUR BLOG
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT VALIDEA CAPITAL