Feb 1, 2023
Scaling a European FinTech Startup with Austria’s Bitpanda
Ethan caught up with Bitpanda’s Deputy CEO, Lukas Enzersdorfer-Konrad, on the state of retail cryptoassets investment in Europe, their recently acquired Crypto Custody and Proprietary Trading license in Germany, the potential of the EU’s upcoming MiCA regulatory framework, building a European FinTech startup from Vienna, and other good things.
* Bitpanda, the European retail investors’ platform for 250 cryptoassets as well as stocks, ETFs, precious metals, and commodities 1:28
* Building a FinTech startup from Vienna, Austria 4:40
* FTX and the need for proper regulation and consumer protection 6:13
* Trust and security matter and so does the jurisdiction where your assets are held 9:45
* Centralized vs Decentralized exchanges 12:52
* Bitpanda gets Crypto Custody and Proprietary Trading license in Germany 16:54
* Europe’s upcoming MiCA regulation will bring clarity on how to deal with cryptoassets and crypto-companies 20:34
* Web3 as a new asset class: tokenized ownership through NFTs and functionality through smart contract interactions 24:02
Europe's Tech Stories, hosted by Chris O'Brien and Ethan Pierse, highlights important stories in the world of Europe's startups, its entrepreneurs, investors, and ecosystem leaders.
Sign up to be notified of new articles, resources, podcasts, and videos: https://seriese.media