Launched on the day the App Store opened, Urbanspoon was one of the most iconic apps created in the early iPhone era. Having been through a few exits already, Patrick co-founded and helped to grow Urbanspoon to millions of users and a successful acquisition by IAC and Zomato.
On this episode of the Startup Exits Podcast, we chat with Patrick about:
• Early days of Urbanspoon
• Startups & family: work-life balance
• How Urbanspoon was featured in Apple’s commercial
• Innovative UX or gimmick?
• Scaling a product in a paradigm shift
• Acquisition transition: founder vs employee experience
• Patrick’s new company, FreshChalk
• How do you productize personal recommendations?
• The future of word-of-mouth
Patrick is currently taking on Yelp with his new friend recommendation startup, Fresh Chalk.
Startup Exits is brought to you by StartupSoft. New episodes every month, subscribe for more.