Sean Byrnes is the founder and ex-CEO of Flurry – a mobile analytics company that lives inside apps on billions of devices and as a result has the best understanding of mobile consumer behaviour. Having held 90% of the market share, Flurry represented “mobile strategy in a box” for Yahoo during its acquisition in 2014.
On this episode of the Startup Exits Podcast, we chat with Sean about:
• Preparing for a paradigm shift.
• Pivoting into a smartphone era.
• Finding a real, painful problem to solve.
• Going against Steve Jobs.
• Signs of a product-market-fit.
• Diversifying your customer acquisition strategy.
• Competing in an early market that’s exploding.
• Data privacy in 2019.
• Interpreting data for startups.
• Pros and cons of being a first-time founder.
• Is fear of failure a motivator or paranoia?
• Factors that influence acquisitions.
Sean now runs Outlier.ai – an automated business analysis platform that helps companies interpret their data to find hidden opportunities and problems.
Startup Exits is brought to you by StartupSoft. New episodes every month, subscribe for more.