Sonny Vu is a serial entrepreneur turned investor and advisor. Along with cofounders John Sculley (former Apple CEO), Sridhar Iyengar and Christy Trang Le, Sonny started, ran and sold Misfit – one of the most iconic wearable brands on the planet.
On this episode of the Startup Exits Podcast, we chat with Sonny about:
• How to come up with the right ideas and analyze the market and competition.
• Sonny's experience with Noam Chomsky, John Sculley, Vinod Khosla and Bill Gates.
• How Apple influenced Misfit.
• What makes the right founding team?
• Learning how to sell is the key to success.
• How to partner with large brands as a small startup.
• Remote teams for startups.
• How Fossil acquired Misfit.
• Reasons why companies may want to buy your startup.
• Transitioning from a startup to a large corporation.
• Future of wearables, AR/VR and battery tech.
Sonny now invests in startups with planet-level impact via Alabaster.
Startup Exits is brought to you by StartupSoft. New episodes every month, subscribe for more.