With friend and co-founder Alex Mehr, Shayan Zadeh came to US from Iran at a time when both countries had no diplomatic relations or direct flights. They went on to study computer science, work at NASA and Microsoft, and start Zoosk – an Inc 5000 dating platform that went on to exit for $250 million.
On this episode of the Startup Exits Podcast, we chat with Shayan about:
• Coming to US as a founder
• Generating and filtering startup ideas
• Weathering a storm vs. Beating a dead horse
• Early days of Zoosk and key pivot
• Why have two CEOs at a startup?
• Cancelling an IPO
Shayan Zadeh is currently the CEO of DressBarn.
Startup Exits is brought to you by StartupSoft. New episodes every month, subscribe for more.