Feb 21, 2023
S1E12 - Allison Netzer | The Un-corporate Person in a Corporate Environment
Today on PBL, we’ve got Allison Netzer, Chief Marketing & Strategy Officer at Nimbus and the author of Think Like a Brand, Not a Bank: 5 Practical Strategies to Unlock Innovation, Connect with Customers, and Grow. Allison has fascinating ideas about the nature of work, including how important it is to find the environment you need as opposed to the role or title. We also dive into what separates modern leadership from old ways of thinking. As Allison likes to say, “There is only so much that can be achieved by looking at what has already happened. Real opportunity comes from looking ahead.” She drops several golden nuggets of wisdom throughout the episode, including how important consistency is in order to create a brand steeped in authenticity and emotional connection. Her outlook is so unique, and by the end of the episode, I think you’ll come away with some fantastic actionable insights to make your brand more compelling—and how to thrive if you’re feeling a little un-corporate yourself!
* The idea that you belong to a corporation (something that’s not yourself and an idea that’s problematic for Allison, even though she loves what she does)
* A bit of wisdom from Allison’s dad: you don’t need a classroom to be a teacher
* If you think about it, both leadership and brand are classrooms—both represent an exchange of information and accommodate different styles of thinking
* What inspired Allison and her co-author, Liz High, to write their celebrated book
* Why does the un-corporate individual need an emotional connection to their company’s brand?
* The importance of language, which often gets overlooked in favor of visuals when establishing a brand
* And lots more!
Connect with ATR: LinkedIn and Instagram
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of Parent. Boss. Leader., empowered by ATR International. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe, and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts:
Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify