Distractions are everywhere.
Little interruptions - like email, Slack messages, notifications - these distractions get us out of our flow.
And brain studies show that it takes the brain 30-45 minutes to get back into the groove after a distraction.
In this episode, I'll share how you can get rid of distractions, take back your time and increase your productivity
[00:55] We thought we are productive
- I thought I was productive until I did a time audit.
- I realized that I am wasting a tremendous amount of time.
- We can't get work done at work so it hounds us all the way home.
[02:05] The power of distractions
- Small situations can even get you out of your groove.
- Brain studies show that it takes the brain 30-45 minutes to get back into the groove after a distraction.
- We need to stay in the groove because it's where we do our best work.
[03:00] How I get rid of distractions?
- Put your phone into airplane mode or just turn it off.
- I use Pomodoro method where I give myself 25 minutes for work and 5 minutes for break
- Continuous use of Pomodoro method shows increase in productivity.
[05:37] Action step
- Block of 2 hours off your calendar.
- In my "smash time", I smash my task list.
- Make it holy. Commit to it and get stuff done.
Subscribe to the Podcast