In this episode, we discuss learned helplessness and its impact on learning. We also address strategies that can help students move through learned helplessness and embrace learning.
- Learned helplessness happens when people or animals become conditioned to believe that a bad situation is unchangeable or inescapable.
- Learned helplessness occurs when an individual continuously faces a negative, uncontrollable situation and stops trying to change their circumstances, even when they have the ability to do so.
We covered the following topics:
- What is learned helplessness
- Seligman's Theory and Depression
- Faking It - A Look into the Mind of a Creative Learner:
- The power of the word “yet”
- Technology dependency
- How we should choose our words
- Recognizing effort
- Having Brain Breaks
Brought to you by