On November 12th 1912, a tent containing the bodies of three men was found on the Ross Ice Shelf in Antarctica. In this episode, we discuss what brought them to Antarctica, and what troubles awaited there.
Check out our Instagram for some amazing images taken on the Terra Nova Expedition. You can also jump over to our website or find us @themaydaypod on Twitter/Instagram to say hello.
Many thanks to our composer and producer Marlon Grunden, who you can find at his website here.
- Robert Falcon Scott, Scott’s Last Expedition (1913)
- Apsley Cherry-Garrard, The Worst Journey in the World (1922)
- Susan Solomon, The Coldest March: Scott's Fatal Antarctic Expedition (2001)
- Edward J. Larson, An Empire of Ice: Scott, Shackleton, and the Heroic Age of Antarctic Science (2011)
- The Great White Silence (1924)