CEO of Compass Technology Group LLC Becky Schultz joins host Jason Kanigan on the Cold Star Project, and our topic of discussion is commercialization of products developed through SBIR/STTR grant funding. Jason asks Becky:
- Tell us about your background and its relevance to SBIR/STTR awards
- What was your initial intention in getting grant money: to develop tech/IP, or move towards commercializing a product? Why?
- Share your experience with the grant awards process…quirks, takeaways, frustrations
- What problem were you solving and how did you know the market would be interested in buying?
- Your focus on commercialization ⏤ success stories, struggles (supply chain, scaling manufacturing processes?)
- What do you recommend for those seeking grant funding, in terms of purpose/focus/approach/expectation.
Compass Technology Group LLC website: https://compasstech.com/
OpEx Society: https://www.opexsociety.org
Talk to Cold Star: https://coldstartech.com/talktous