This episode is also available as a blog post: https://jsilva.blog/2020/11/09/greenlights-summary/
My Favorite Quotes from Greenlights by Matthew McConaughey
- Knowing the truth, seeing the truth, and telling the truth are all different experiences.
- To lose the power of confrontation is to lose the power of unity.
- It’s better to jump than to fall.
- The intellect should simplify things, not make them more cerebral.
- We often don’t get what we want because we quit early or we didn’t take the necessary risk to get it.
- We are all made for every moment we encounter.
- If we stay in the process and within the joy of the doing, we will never choke at the finish line.
- Have immortal finish lines.
- Sometimes which choice you make is not as important as making a choice and committing to it.
- Some people look for an excuse to do, others look for an excuse not to.
- It is not about whether you win or lose, it’s about accepting the challenge. When you accept the challenge you have already won.
- Great leaders are not always in front, they also know who to follow.
- We must be aware of what we attract in life because it is no accident or coincidence.
- Time and truth, two constants you can rely on. One shows up for the first time, every time, while the other never leaves.
- I hope to give my children an opportunity to find what they love to do, work to be great at it, pursue it, and do it.
This episode is sponsored by
· Anchor: The easiest way to make a podcast. https://anchor.fm/app
Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-silva/message
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-silva/support