Have you heard of Masterclass, Coursera, Turnitin, Coursehero, and Handshake? Our guest today is the Head of Talent at GSV Ventures, an early-stage investment fund that has invested in all of these companies and manages over $270M in assets. We are lucky to have Amanda Porter who supports talent acquisition and performance management across GSV Ventures and its portfolio companies.
Here are some questions we will be answering:
- How to know if VC is right for you?
- How do you break into VC?
- What are the personality traits of an ideal professional in VC?
- How sports can translate to real-world job skills?
- Is working for a startup beneficial prior to joining a VC?
- What to research about the VC firm prior to a coffee chat or interview?
- What questions are asked in VC interviews?
Connect with Amanda: https://www.linkedin.com/in/porteramanda/
Get 1-on-1 Career Coaching: https://www.careercoachingcompany.com/
Follow our Host, AJ Eckstein, on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/aaron-aj-eckstein/
Read the episode transcript: https://thefinalround.com/episode7/
Watch on YouTube: https://youtu.be/gdFrKRGQ_lM
Disclaimer: The opinions and views expressed in this podcast are of the host and guest and not of their employers.