In this Q&A episode of Season 3 of the Demystifying Diversity Podcast, host Daralyse Lyons is joined by co-hosts Zack James and Azaria Keys as they take a closer look at diversity as it relates to individuals with visible and invisible disabilities, in the workplace. This episode features an interview between Daralyse and Tanner Gers, President and Founder of AccessAbility Officer, a firm that educates and trains companies so they can become more inclusive of workers with disabilities. Tanner answers listeners' questions and shares insights about the continually evolving landscape of workplace inclusion.
In this episode, you will learn about:
* The inherent ableist biases of our society, and some of the non-obvious struggles that persons with disabilities and neuro-diversities face.
* The importance of a company's ownership over the process of educating leadership and employees in creating an inclusive workplace that fosters belonging and employee success.
* The fragility of belonging, and how disabilities and neuro-diversities play a role in the intersectionality of identity.
* The importance of coming to an employer with solutions when seeking change in the workplace.
* The value of disability-readiness, at work and elsewhere.
* Ways to find resources for workers, including in instances where those resources may not be readily, or obviously, available.
Our guest expert this episode is:
Tanner Gers - Tanner is the President and Founder of AccessAbility Officer, a data-driven disability inclusion firm who helps companies “Drive Ability D&I and Maximize ROI”. Tanner also serves as a board member for Menus4All, and recently co-authored Foresight Augmented Reality's solution proposal for the US Department of Transportation's Inclusive Design Challenge. Tanner is a US Paralympian, World Championship team member as well.
Azaria Keys - Azaria is the Assistant Director of the Fox School of Business' Center for Ethics, Diversity and Workplace Culture (CEDWC). Her work is driven by her passion to advocate for others and transform workplaces to be more inclusive and equitable.
Zack James - Zack is the marketing arm of the Demystifying Diversity Podcast and is a graduate of Temple University's School of Sport, Tourism and Hospitality Management (STHM). Zack is a self-described go-giver and DEI advocate with a passion for service and making a difference across organizations.
Daralyse Lyons - Daralyse is the host of the Demystifying Diversity Podcast as well as the author of Demystifying Diversity: Embracing Our Shared Humanity. She is a speaker, a consultant, a journalist, and a full-time DEI strategist.
Resources this episode:
Access Ability Officer
Click here for a full transcript of this episode.
To get 10% off your first order, go to vitasupreme.com/pages/diversity.