Yacht Racing Life website editor Justin Chisholm and Vendee Globe skipper Conrad Colman catch up on Christmas Eve to chat about the latest challenges facing the fleer of Vendee Globe solo skippers out on the Indian and Pacific Oceans on Day 46 of their around the world quest.
Amongst other topics, the pair discuss:
– what it is like to spend Christmas Day isolated and alone on a 60-foot yacht at the very bottom of the world
– Louis Burton’s daring mast climbs to effect the repairs that have got him back in the race
– how the skippers feel about passing Point Nemo – officially the most inaccessible location on the planet
– why the race has been so slow compared to last time and how that might be affecting the sailors’ stomach and minds
– Conrad’s take on who might fare best at the front of the fleet over the Christmas period
All this and plenty more besides….
Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/yacht-racing-podcast/message