With just a fortnight left until the start the opening regatta of the 36th America’s Cup cycle Yacht Racing Life editor Justin Chisholm caught up with Emirates Team New Zealand sailor Glenn Ashby to find out more about the team’s campaign to retain the America’s Cup.
Discussed during the interview:
– the atmosphere in and around the America’s Cup race village in Auckland
– the impact of this year’s Covid 19 restrictions on the campaign
– the ratio of time the sailors have spent on the simulator and on the water
– the performance potential of the Kiwi’s second generation AC75
– what it is like to sail an AC75 in race mode
– what we can expect from the Auckland America’s Cup World Series and Christmas Cup regattas
All this and plenty more besides….
Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/yacht-racing-podcast/message