In this episode we're chatting with Deakin Alumnus and Head of Labs and Startups at LUNA, Josh Sharma. Lawyer turned startup advocate, Josh is also a mentor for SPARK Deakin. In this conversation Josh connects the dots from his time as a Deakin Uni student to how he came to be working in the startup ecosystem.
We find out:
• What is a startup lawyer and his experience as one
• LUNA Startup Studio, their community and how they help startups launch, grow and scale. They do this through their services including legal, accounting, operations, strategy, investments and their events + programs.
• Early mistakes that startups should avoid
• Key tips and advice for students and how they can connect with the startup ecosystem early on and be involved and get relevant experience that helps them get a foot in the door
• Australian ecosystem resources he recommends
Want to learn more about Josh? Check out the Luna Startup Studio website, www.weareluna.co
and their LinkedIn profile www.linkedin.com/company/lunastartupstudio/
This podcast is hosted by Deakin University’s entrepreneurship program SPARK Deakin. It’s the place for founders to learn, grow and connect on their entrepreneurial journey. Connect with SPARK Deakin at www.spark.deakin.edu.au
, Instagram @sparkdeakin or join our Facebook group if you’re from the Deakin community www.facebook.com/groups/spark.deakin