This week I speak to Zandy Fell about her journey from the boardrooms of Toyota as their Diversity and Equal opportunity manager
Employee relations Manager and National recruitment Manager
To running her own business, The Zalt Group.
Zandy says there is nothing soft and fluffy about workplace relations and I can really see that now, enjoy as we cover:
- HR - Values and Idealism
- HR and ER - not a soft skill
- It really is the silly things - emotions run high
- The female assumptions in business
- Feelings - Nothing more than feelings
- Conflict needs a PR remodel - a good workplace is the ability to deal with difference and can get an organisation to a better place
- “Don’t take it personally” Be rational - change your thinking!
- Conflict is a leakage point - it is a loss of hours, mental space and - and most companies don’t measure it
- Who has the power - the manager or the subordinate
- HR is a strategic advantage
- We’ve all got the skills for conflict resolution