There are two different aspects of comfort food: on one side, there’s the food that gives you comfort and pleasure when you eat it, like pappa al pomodoro, on the other side, the many foods that give you solace, a respite from the news, from heavy thoughts, from comparison, when you cook them: just think about bread.
In this episode, we will explore different comfort foods, related to childhood memories or to personal achievements, from pappa al pomodoro to chicken meatballs, from rice pudding to risotto.
I think comfort food is also extremely influenced by culture, as often we tend to consider comforting what we know better. That’s why I asked a few friends from all over the world to share with us which is their favourite comfort food. It will be like travelling from country to country, through the best and most comforting foods. Get ready to be hungry.
On the blog:
- Pappa al Pomodoro: https://en.julskitchen.com/first-course/soup/best-pappa-al-pomodoro
- Chicken meatballs: https://en.julskitchen.com/main/meat/chicken-and-potato-meatballs
- Rice pudding: https://en.julskitchen.com/dessert/rice-pudding-with-roast-quinces
- Risotto: https://en.julskitchen.com/first-course/rice-cereals/pumpkin-risotto
- Helen & Billie: https://www.instagram.com/miakouppa/
- Myriam: https://www.instagram.com/the_food_sister/
- Irina: https://www.instagram.com/irina.r.georgescu/
- Asha: https://www.instagram.com/ashafsk/
- Erny: https://www.instagram.com/ernythamrinyoga/
- Jenny: https://www.instagram.com/jlinford/
- Sarka: https://www.instagram.com/sarkababicka/
- Juliana: https://www.instagram.com/julianalopezmay/
- Costanza: https://www.instagram.com/cosnutritionist/