Since a June dinner in Val d’Orcia at Villa Pienza, I’ve been making a ricotta crumb cake at least once a week, during cooking classes and when we had friends over for dinner, trying out different combinations of flour, fruit and chocolate. Everyone was impressed when we were making it, but mostly when, at the end of a meal, we had a fat slice accompanied by an espresso or a little glass of iced limoncello: they always had some room left for a second serving.
Now finally the recipe is on line, as it went straight into my cooking repertoire. And for all of you who made this cake with me during the cooking classes, a promise is a promise, now you have the recipe!
In this episode, we explore the step by step recipe, the possible fillings for the cake and the importance of having a cooking repertoire.
Which are the recipes that you would add in your cooking repertoire? share it with me via email or with a post or a story on Instagram using the hashtag #cookingwithanitalianaccent and tagging @julskitchen.
The recipes of my cooking repertoire that I mentioned in this episode:
- Ricotta crumb cake with plums: https://en.julskitchen.com/dessert/cakes-pies/ricotta-crumb-cake
- Crespelle alla Fiorentina: https://en.julskitchen.com/tuscany/crespelle-alla-fiorentina
- Eggplant meatballs: https://en.julskitchen.com/main/meat/eggplant-meatballs
- Ricotta and kale gnudi: https://en.julskitchen.com/first-course/fresh-pasta/tuscan-kale-gnudi
- Apple olive oil cake: https://en.julskitchen.com/dessert/cakes-pies/apple-olive-oil-cake
- Baked eggplants: https://en.julskitchen.com/side/baked-eggplants
- Tuscan ragù: https://en.julskitchen.com/first-course/pasta-first-course/my-tuscan-ragu
- Stuffed turkey breast: https://en.julskitchen.com/main/meat/stuffed-turkey-breast
- Italian potato salad: https://en.julskitchen.com/side/italian-potato-salad
Learn more about Villa Pienza here:
Web site: https://www.villapienza.it
Find me online at www.julskitchen.com
or on Instagram https://instagram.com/julskitchen/
Join our Facebook Group Cooking with Juls’ Kitchen: https://www.facebook.com/groups/775325049335625/
Podcast realized by https://instagram.com/tommyonweb