This is a special episode inspired by the Siena with gusto foodie guide we recently published for Travel WithGusto. Siena is a medieval city, my university town, the place where we love to go out during the weekend, or for a special midweek dinner.
In this episode, I’m sharing with you a list of the 10 food specialties you don’t want to miss when you visit Siena.
I’m also sharing with you an itinerary for a day spent in Siena, based obviously on the best spots to eat and shop for food. We begin with an Italian breakfast in my favourite coffee place, we stop for lunch to grab a burger in an alleyway, we’ll have an aperitivo in Piazza del Campo and a traditional dinner afterwards. We’ll call this a day with a stroll after dinner and a gelato.
If you have questions about Siena and its food, or if you want to tell us about an experience you had there, share it with me via email or with a post or a story on Instagram using the hashtag #cookingwithanitalianaccent and tagging @julskitchen.
Read more about Siena here
- One day in Siena, our city guide: https://en.julskitchen.com/other/travel/one-day-in-siena-my-city-guide
- More about Violante of Bavaria, a key figure in the Palio of Siena history: https://en.julskitchen.com/dessert/spiced-fruit-compote
Recipes mentioned in this episode:
- Pappa al Pomodoro: https://en.julskitchen.com/first-course/soup/best-pappa-al-pomodoro
- Ricciarelli: https://en.julskitchen.com/dessert/ricciarelli-siena-almond-cookies
- Panforte: https://en.julskitchen.com/dessert/tuscan-panforte-a-spicy-cake-from-siena
- Cavallucci: https://en.julskitchen.com/tuscany/cavallucci-typical-tuscan-christmas-cookies
- Pan co’ santi: https://en.julskitchen.com/bread/pan-co-santi
- Pici: https://en.julskitchen.com/first-course/fresh-pasta/fresh-pasta-pici-aglione-valdorcia
- Wild board stew: https://en.julskitchen.com/main/meat/stewed-wild-boar
Learn more about the Travel WithGusto project here:
Web site: https://travelwithgusto.it/en/
Our Siena WithGusto Foodie Guide: https://travelwithgusto.it/en/guide/siena/
Find me online at www.julskitchen.com
or on Instagram https://instagram.com/julskitchen/
Join our Facebook Group Cooking with Juls’ Kitchen: https://www.facebook.com/groups/775325049335625/
Podcast realized by https://instagram.com/tommyonweb