Ep 162 - Smile Without Using Your Eyes
Join Corrie Perkin and Caroline Wilson for Ep 162 - Smile Without Using Your Eyes.
Don't Shoot the Messenger is powered by Red Energy. To support the company that supports us - give Red Energy a call on 131 806 or visit their website HERE - for real Aussie energy.
And thanks also to Prince Wine Store bringing Melbournians, the greatest wine in the world. Delivering Australia Wide. www.Prince Wine Store.com.au
This week Caro and Corrie discuss the latest developments in Canberra. Two weeks after Brittany Higgins first went public with her allegations of rape in a Federal Minister's office, a dark cloud sits over Parliament House in Canberra.
Bruce McAvaney announced his retirement from AFL commentary this week - we discuss his contribution to the game and his status as one of the best news breakers and newsmakers in the game.
The Cocktail Cabinet returns this week thanks to Prince Wine Store. This week Myles Thomson joins us to talk about Caro and Corrie's favourite Summer Drinks - G&T's and Sherry Cocktails. Myles recommends *Balcombe Coastal Gin* with *Strangelove Light Tonic* and *Gutierrez Colosia Fino del Puerto NV.*
To receive a special listener discount order online at www.princewinestore.com.au and enter the promo code MESS at checkout.
In BSF we talk about;
* *_Infinite Splendours_* by Sofie Laguna (available at My Bookshop HERE). You can join Corrie in conversation on a webinar with Sofie Laguna Wednesday the 3rd of March at 6.30pm - book HERE.
* *_Blackbird_* - in cinemas now.
* *Pan-roasted chicken with artichokes and salad onions* - from the latest edition of Gourmet Traveller (see recipe below).
In 6 Quick Questions Corrie rates some of her favourite Golden Globe fashions, Caro names her favourite Fleetwood Mac song, there's a quirky dog story or two and Corrie helps Caro try and achieve a 'model face'.
To receive our weekly email which includes recipes SIGN UP HERE.
For videos and pics make sure you follow us on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter
Email the show via email@example.com.
Don't Shoot the Messenger is produced by Corrie Perkin, Caroline Wilson and produced, engineered and edited by Jane Nield for Sports Entertainment Network.
Thanks to Clementine Donohoe for additional social media support. You can follow @clemmiedonohoe on Instagram HERE.
*Pan-roasted chicken with artichokes and salad onions*
From Gourmet Traveller magazine.
2 tbs extra-virgin olive oil
4 chicken marylands
4 salad onions, trimmed and halved
1 single-clove garlic, skin on, halved
250ml (1 cup) chicken stock, heated
125ml (1/2) cup dry white wine
4 long-stemmed marinated artichokes, halved lengthways
6 white anchovies, finely chopped
½ cup of flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
1 tbs lemon juice.
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees C. Heat oil in a large heavy-based ovenproof frying pan over medium heat, season chicken and add to pan and cook skin-side downs until golden (5 minutes). Transfer to a plate.
2. Add onions, garlic, stock and wine to pan and bring to a simmer. Return chicken to pan skin side up then roast until chicken until it’s golden and garlic is tender (20 minutes). Add artichokes and roast until heated through (5 minutes)
3. Meanwhile, combine anchovies, parsley and lemon juice in a bowl. Spoon over chicken then serve with crisp parsley (if using).